Important Information | Kogan Credit Card

Terms and conditions and other important information


How to make a complaint

We are here to listen and work with you in resolving your complaint. The feedback helps us understand where we can improve.

Tell us about your concern and allow us the opportunity to assist you in resolving any concerns you may have. To help us resolve your complaint, we suggest you provide as much detail as you can such as dates, times, key events and so on.

You can tell us your complaint through one of these options:

Chat: Download the Kogan Money Credit Cards Mobile App to make your complaint through chat.

Secure message: Advise us of your complaint through your account Inbox. Log into your online account, click on your profile image, then go to ‘My Messages’, and then ‘Compose’. Make sure you chose the ‘Make a complaint’ option as the subject.

Phone: 1300 350 525 or +612 8288 2062


For complaints in relation to a recently submitted application or a closed account, please make a complaint through the online enquiry form.

Escalating a complaint​

If you would like to escalate a complaint, the first thing to do is to call or email us about your concerns. We will try to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, however, if you are not satisfied, you can escalate your complaint in the following ways.

Phone: 1300 350 525 or +612 8288 2062 if outside Australia

Mail:  Customer Relations Unit, GPO Box 204, Sydney NSW 2001

Seek an independent review

If you feel the dispute resolution process was not fair, you remain unhappy or your complaint is not resolved within the appropriate timeframes you may seek further assistance from the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).

Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA)

AFCA offers an independent dispute resolution process to individual customers who have been through the banks complaints process.


Phone: 1800 931 678 (free call) or Fax: 03 9613 6399

Mail: Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA), GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001


We also have a Customer Advocate whose role is to advise and guide our front line teams on matters which are sensitive in nature, or where guidance is needed to resolve complex issues fairly and quickly.

Financial hardship assistance

We understand that life doesn’t always go to plan and you may experience financial difficulties caused by unemployment, injury, illness, a natural disaster, or other unexpected impacts on your income and expenses. We are here to support you during these tough times.

The type of assistance that we provide will depend upon your individual circumstances, however some of the types of assistance we provide include:

  • reducing or deferring payments for a period of time,
  • reducing the interest rate,
  • restructuring debt, and
  • waiving certain fees.

If your financial circumstances have changed and you are unable to pay your account(s), you can request assistance by completing an Online Hardship Application form. Please ensure you have access to the mobile number you have registered on your credit card account. A code will be sent to authenticate your identity before you can proceed with the application.

Please also have information about your income, expenses and assets on hand before you commence the application. Once you start filling in your details, you will need to complete the application as you will be unable to save and return to the form at a later stage.

If you are unable to access the Online Hardship Application form, you can apply by downloading a copy of the PDF Hardship Application form and emailing to us at or posting to us at PO Box 3453 Sydney NSW 2001.

After we receive your application for financial assistance, we will contact you with available solutions for your individual situation, within 21 days.

Important Information before you apply for financial hardship assistance

  • If you hold a NAB branded product and require financial hardship assistance on that product, please contact NAB Customer Care on 1800 701 599 (8:00am-8:00pm Monday-Friday and 9:00am-1:00pm Saturday AEST).
  • If you hold a credit card or personal loan which was formerly issued by Citigroup Pty Ltd (and which is now issued by NAB) which is branded Citi, Card Services, Coles Financials Services, Suncorp Clear Options, Qantas Money, Kogan Money, Virgin Money, Bank of Queensland or; Spot. Buy Now Pay Later issued by Diners Club Pty Ltd (now part of NAB), this hardship application will also be applied to any or all of those accounts as well. If you do not require hardship assistance on all of your accounts, please do not submit an online form and contact our hardship team on 1800 133 397.
  • Once we have received your completed application form, one of our representatives will contact you to discuss your situation and solutions that may be available to assist you.
  • You are not required to provide supporting documents at the time you submit your application. If we do require supporting documents we will let you know.
  • If you have been or are still paying for insurance on any of your Credit Card account(s) or Personal Loan product(s), you may be eligible to make a claim with the insurer. Your account statement will indicate the name of the insurer you need to contact. However, an insurance policy wouldn’t preclude you from applying for financial hardship assistance, if you still require it.
  • Your card/account may be suspended from the time we receive your application for hardship assistance, and if approved, during the entire period you are on financial hardship. Ability to transact post your financial hardship assistance will be based on your card or account status.

Financial hardship and Credit Reporting

In July 2022, amendments to the Privacy Act 1988 introduced Financial Hardship Information (FHI) as a new category of information, which will be displayed on consumer credit reports alongside Repayment History Information (RHI). The Financial Hardship Information will indicate if you have entered into a temporary or permanent hardship arrangement, but will not include the reasons for the arrangement you have entered into.

Financial Hardship Information (FHI) includes:

  • The type of financial hardship arrangement you have entered into which will depend on whether the changes to the terms of your loan or obligations are permanent or temporary. 
    • Variation Financial Hardship Arrangement (V) – indicates that a permanent variation to the terms of the consumer credit contract have been made and will be reported once in the month that the contractual variation took effect. Once the FHI has been reported with a Variation (V), the future RHI will be updated to indicate if the new monthly repayments are being paid on time or not. 
    • Temporary relief or deferral Financial Hardship Arrangement (A) – providing temporary relief from or deferral of the individual’s obligations in relation to consumer credit, reported each month that the arrangement is in place. During the period that any temporary relief or deferral Financial Hardship Arrangement is in place, the RHI will be concurrently reported to indicate whether you are meeting the obligations of your temporary financial hardship arrangement where payments were agreed to be made.

This information will be stored on your credit file for 1 year. Only your financial hardship information from licensed credit providers who hold an Australian Credit Licence can be recorded. Telecommunication and utility companies are not licensed credit providers, so your financial hardship information will not include these providers and they will not be able to see financial hardship information details either.

These changes will also allow licensed credit providers to access and use this comprehensive information in order to make more informed lending decisions. However, this information cannot be used by licensed credit providers to calculate your credit score.

You are entitled to a free credit report every three (3) months and you can request one through any of the Credit Reporting Bodies:




Contact us

If you would like further information on how we may be able to assist you, are experiencing financial difficulty in meeting your commitments or would like assistance with completing an application, please call us on 1800 133 397 Monday to Friday from 9am to 9pm AEST, excluding public holidays.

Need more help

You can get free independent counselling and advice from a Financial Counsellor. For a comprehensive listing of Financial Counsellors please visit the FCA website,

To talk to a Financial Counsellor by phone (or for referral), call 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia.

You may find the following websites helpful as they provide information on managing your money.

Need Accessibility Support

  • The National Relay Service (NRS) is a government initiative that allows people who may have hearing and/or speech impairments to make and receive phone calls.
  • The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) is an interpreting service for people who may have difficulty speaking English.

Please visit our Contact Us page for accessibility support contact details.

On purchases for 14 months!x