Supporting you with your credit card needs during COVID-19
As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we are continuing to evaluate and enhance measures to support our customers, our staff and their families. This page will be kept up to date with information to help you to manage your finances during this uncertain time.
Stay safe online:
While we are continuing to monitor your accounts 24/7 for fraudulent activity, we do encourage you to remain vigilant and watch out for scams related to COVID-19. Here are some quick tips to help you stay safe and secure:
- Log in to the Kogan Money Credit Cards Mobile App to quickly report your credit card as lost or stolen.
- Be wary of unsolicited phone calls from people claiming to be from a government agency, such as Medicare, purporting to be collecting personal details in order to arrange payment or rebate for you. Never disclose personal information to an unknown caller.
- No reputable company or government department will ever ask you to provide your credit card information (PIN, expiry date etc), online or mobile banking credentials (username and password) over the phone.
- If you receive a suspicious SMS, email or phone call, do not provide any personal details or click on any links. You can check scamwatch.gov.au for known scams, or you can report one yourself at cyber.gov.au.
Flexible cash flow options:
We understand that as a result of COVID-19, some customers may be looking for some more flexibility in their repayment options to create some breathing room. We are here to support you during this time with a range of ways to help.
With the various government quarantine measures across the globe, our customer service centres have been impacted, and our customers who are chatting with us are facing extended wait times as a result. We do apologise for any inconvenience this causes, and ask for your understanding as we make arrangements to return service levels to normal as quickly as possible.
While we’re working to restore our customer service centre to full capacity, we are still available on chat via the Kogan Money Credit Cards Mobile App to assist you with urgent enquiries such as:
- Financial hardship (but if your situation is the result of COVID-19, you can apply online for a solution to help you create some breathing room quickly)
- Lost or stolen cards (but remember you can lock your card instantly in the Kogan Money Credit Cards Mobile App)
- Fraudulent or declined transactions (or you can learn how to dispute a transaction here)
- Online account or mobile app access issues (but if you’ve forgotten your user ID or password, you can retrieve them online here).
If you do chat with us please just bear with us, as the hold times will likely be longer than usual.
You can also send us a secure message via Kogan Money Credit Cards Online in My Profile > My Messages > Inbox > Compose, and we’ll respond to you as quickly as possible
Sources of information:
For the latest health advice, get the latest report from the Australian Government Department of Health website.
To find out what government support may be available to you, consult the Australian Government Treasury website.